This Week in Mets Quotes: The Mets are dead, long live the Mets - Amazin' Avenue

Really fun week to be a Mets fan, Mets didn't play any games due to the deserved Mets Hall of Fame ceremony for the 2021 class.

"I didn't really realize until I got the call that I was going in the Hall of Fame last year that I do have a place here, a place of history in this organization. I have a place in the history of this organization. You don't think about things like that. You don't think about legacies or any of that stuff while you're living your life. But when something like that happens, it really makes me sit back and say, 'Wow, I'm really honored that they would think of me in that way.'" -Ron Darling [MLB]

"I was waiting one year for this moment. When you hear news like that, tears came to my eyes. My wife, she was worried about me. She said, 'Did something happen?' I said, 'No, don't worry, something good happened!'" -Edgardo Alfonzo [MLB]

"I feel like I'm more of a big deal now at 71 than I was at 27 or 28. I guess back when you're playing, you don't spend as much time focusing on things that happened. And when you reflect back on it years later, other people have flavored what has happened. It takes on a different color, and it's really special. I'm truly honored to be part of this group. Going into the Mets Hall of Fame, it's something I'll treasure forever, no doubt." -Jon Matlack [MLB]

/Puts finger to earpiece/ I'm being told the Mets did play two games and Javy Báez pretty much won them both single-handedly.

"Clutch situations for Javy, he's built for things like that." -Luis Rojas on Báez game tying home [MLB]

"I'm really excited, man, really excited to hear the fans cheering my name. That's the biggest thing that motivates me to be out there, that I play for the fans. The love for the fans means so much to me. The love that they showed me tonight, it was really special." -Javy Báez [MLB]

Chris Brandon Drury technically had the GWRBI in the game Javy Báez won by himself.

"I think in those situations, I really simplify everything. I know it doesn't take a homer or a big swing. It takes just a base hit." -Brandon Drury [MLB]

Just a fun week to watch Javy Báez win both games the Mets played this week.

"The slide was early and it was really exciting, but to hit a homer late in the game is the biggest thing for us. It was nothing to [the Marlins]. It was to the fans. They were talking trash to me and I was just going back and forth with them." -Javier Báez [MLB]

Like a rare comet, there was a Mets injury that correctly was labeled as something 'small' with Nimmo only missing one game.

"[Nimmo] talked to our trainers about it and what he felt, and they wanted to be conservative. He wasn't going to take the at-bat there. As of now, it's something really, really small. … We'll see how he feels [Saturday]." -Luis Rojas [New York Post]

Rich Hill is right, you CAN feel something building with those two great Javy Báez

"You can feel something building. We have two months left, and the atmosphere — not only outside in the stadium during the game, [which] is incredible and is going to be continuing to build over the next two months — but also the guys in the clubhouse. You start to feel this little steamroll come downhill and really pick up pace that we're going to be an exciting team to watch down the stretch." -Rich Hill [MLB]

/Puts finger to earpiece/ I'm being told the Mets played 4 more games and lost them all and also that they're not frustrated please don't put in the newspaper that they got frustrated.

"I don't think we're frustrated as a team. There's going to be emotions in the game. I was the perfect example tonight, and Javy's a guy that wears his emotion. … [But] there's no frustration. These guys, they fought until the last out of the game. You saw it last night, too. They're going to keep fighting." -Luis Rojas [MLB]

Similarly, the Mets have been playing a lot of baseball, they just don't have a lot of wins to show for it.

"No one in the game of baseball is safe from going through a rut — absolutely nobody. [Conforto's] been working his tail off in the cage. … He's been hitting the ball really well again, it's just that he doesn't have a lot of numbers to show for it." -Pete Alonso [MLB]

At least Conforto still has the trust of his manager...

"[Conforto's] working hard every day. The number of swings that he's taken in the last couple days, and he's finding his way into his rhythm, his timing — everything. … You guys know that Michael has a solid attitude, so he's simplifying things. … I think he's close. I always think he's close." -Luis Rojas [MLB]

...oh.

"We trusted Drury to deliver. I'm not saying that we did not trust Michael [Conforto], but we just trusted Drury to deliver for us." -Luis Rojas [MLB]

Ya Gotta Believe.

"Confidence doesn't waver, ever. Obviously, losing the G.O.A.T., anybody could look in from the outside and obviously see that it's a huge hit, but it's not something that we can dwell on in the clubhouse. It's not something that we can sit and hope that he's going to be back here tomorrow, as much as we all do. It's reality. We're all praying for Jake. We're all hoping that he gets back as quickly as possible, and we're going to have to do our part while he's gone to hold them down." -Marcus Stroman [MLB]

SiteBot FacePalm of the Week

Adblock test (Why?)

Comments

Popular Posts

90 Best Good Night Messages - Good Night Texts - The Pioneer Woman

American Family Insurance Review 2019: Home & Car - Bankrate.com

The 10 best romance novels of 2022 - The Washington Post